Here’s the July 2015 update to the We Make Movies Rolling Production Fund, the fund which we’ll use to green-light community projects as it reaches certain benchmarks.
The really good news is that WMMFest 2015 was an enormous success, and because of that We Make Movies made a bit of money off the ticket sales. As we do with all our profits, 70% is going directly into the Rolling Production Fund, so here’s the breakdown:
- The WMMFest bump that the Rolling Production Fund gets is $682.30.
- We collected a total of $1847.50 from June pledges (for July memberships).
- $1847.50 minus $1600 is $247.50.
- 70% of $247.50 is $173.25
- $173.25 plus $682.30 plus our pre-WMMFest RPF balance of $567.35 is $1422.90.
So boom! In one month, we nearly tripled our Rolling Production Fund! Obviously the WMMFest only happens once a year, but 70% of all new pledges goes directly into the fund and before you know it, we’ll have the $5k we need to make our first Patreon-era short film. If you or somebody you know would like to donate directly into the Rolling Production Fund and help get us there a lot faster, click here.
Don’t forget to start sharpening up your short film scripts. We’re only about a third of the way to our $5k Short Film greenlight goal, but submissions might open sooner. If you’re not yet a paid member, make sure you sign up soon if you want to submit your short film script.