we’ve finished our very first slate of We Make Movies-funded short films and handed out a ton of rewards to contributors at our We MADE Movies screening last night. the rest of the rewards are either in the mail or will be within the next couple of days, so we’re moving on to Slate Two!
five of the super-stars from our Slate One Extra Film competition are ready to move into production, but they need your help. our drop-dead number – the amount that we HAVE to raise via Kickstarter to even see one penny – is $10,000. that would give each film $2000. if we raise $12,500 though, each film will get $2,500 instead, and then for every $2,500 we make above that we’ll fund another, as-of-yet unnamed film – films that we’ll choose as a community just like we did last year.
these are the five films currently on the slate:
- The Groundhog & The Gun – writer/director: Freeland Shreve
- Layover – writer/director: David Aslan
- Lonaconing – writer: Keith Stevenson / director: M. Keegan Uhl
- Strong Love – writer/director: John Sandel
- The Writer’s Draft – writers: Jennifer Jules Hart & Noah Martin / director: Paul Messinger
so give generously (or modestly if that’s all you can afford) and spread the word and let’s make some more movies!